Chip & injectors are in. Need some answers?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you do injectors & all the oil drains into the cylinders, where is the oil coming from? The HPOP, right? could that be low & causing this?

Yeah, the oil that ends up in the cylinders when you do an injector change does come from the HPO system, but remember the HPOP is continually replenished by the LPOP. Keep in mind that the oil spouts on the injectors drain into the head galley and that runs down into the crank, hence the LPOP is always pumping up to the HPO reservoir. If all you have is 50 miles on the new squirters you need to give it some more time.......... and miles............. go wear out a set of rear tires and have some fun.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
FWIW, my stock PSD does the miss, surge when coasting. i just thought it was normal. kind like a lopey cam gasser rhythm except it's diesel clatter. i figured there was a fine line between where the engine is coasting (being pushed by the trans) and idling, when the injectors turn on and off. drop down below 30 mph or so and the idle smooths. annoying but i've gotten used to it.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
FWIW, my stock PSD does the miss, surge when coasting. i just thought it was normal. kind like a lopey cam gasser rhythm except it's diesel clatter. i figured there was a fine line between where the engine is coasting (being pushed by the trans) and idling, when the injectors turn on and off. drop down below 30 mph or so and the idle smooths. annoying but i've gotten used to it.

That's exactly what I've got going on. Problem is it didn't do it prior to installing the injectors & chip.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Update

I talked to Chris at Bean's today & it turns out the idle problem is not normal or caused by air in the system. it's a chip problem. He knew exactly what I was talking about & is having Tony Wildman ( not sure that's the right name) write a new program for me & will send me the new chip to try out & see if that cures the problem. He's gonna make a few other minor changes too. If it cures it, he said to just send him the old chip back. Awesome customer service!!! Thanks to all that pointed me to Bean's. Truck starts & runs great now. Gotta get the Sonnax kit in to tighten up the tranny a bit now.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well thats good to hear.i told you BDP has the best customer service!;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's so glad to hear things are going much better for you. Glad to hear of excellent customer service with people standing behind what they sell too...definatly tuck that in my back pocket for future refference.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle