Chicken lights

FordDZLMan9191

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I've looked at those harbor freight cab lights every time i go there (the side and bumper lights are from there...:D ).... I'm just not sure how they'll look up on the cab. I guess i could buy them and set them up, then return them if i don't like them.

This help ya any?

You must be registered for see images attach

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
How did you run the power wire?

And could i get a pic of the whole front? Are they very bright?

I kinda like them... :D

FordDZLMan9191

Diesel addict
Reaction score
At night they're pretty bright, not so much in daylight. Pic below of just them on in my garage after installation. Daytime pic too.

I just ran the included wire and scotch locks inside to connect them together, then ran a wire down the A pillar to my headlight switch. The running lights are a brown wire, used a scotch lock to tap into that. Now I pull my headlight switch and they come on with all the factory lights.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Those are pretty bright. Seth said i can get OE types for $35 at Napa so thats plan A... I want to try and keep the wires in between the roof skins...

I like that beastly bumper too... :D

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Seth asked me to post his lights up...

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the name CHICKEN LIGHTS came from the WEIGH STATIONS, truckers call them the CHICKEN COUP. Ya better have all the lights working on those big rigs, or your subject to a ticket or warning ticket if even one is out. Revenue, ya know. Indiana handed over the DOT inspections to the Hiway Patrol, that way they can catch more infractions.

Someplace I have a circuit to make the rear fender clearance lights flash with the turn signals. I'll post if I can find it. Uses the module for trailer turn signals where the turn signal lights are separate from the brake lights.

FordDZLMan9191

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Those are pretty bright. Seth said i can get OE types for $35 at Napa so thats plan A... I want to try and keep the wires in between the roof skins...

I like that beastly bumper too... :D

Not sure how to run the wires between the skins. My truck didn't have the headliner in it when I bought so that's why they're exposed, otherwise I would have them tucked up in the headliner. Thanks, the bumper was on the truck when I bought it. I bought the truck to use for my off road rig but its turned into my DD. I want get an OBS truck and put he 3rd gen Dodge style lights on it. Just my fave style.

Those chevy mirrors look pretty good on his truck. Thinking about puttin' SD mirrors on mine.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corey you made fun of mine, now I see you've added some! Mine are dorky, but I like people being able to see me turning. Ford rear turn signals on their trucks are terrible!! I just got that LED bar thingie, installing it soon. I am even going to EXTRA DORK and install my under carriage 1990's cool teenager lights. Perhaps today.

Everyone's lights looks great, by the way! Very creative.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
yea, but mine have class. lol a class of their own, i have a glowing orb around me as i go down the rd at night.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
This has class and style all over it :D :D

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I got the cab lights mocked up to get the spacing i like...ended up with the harbor freight ones.

Hope to get them mounted and wired tomorrow....

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you all have trouble with them leaking ever? I have a nice oem set that I bought new just worried about my brand new interior getting wet if they were to leak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner