CHEAP Truck. Somone here should have it

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
STEAL
Somone here deserves to get this one! Have too many already, and too far away.
This thing is NICE.

Adamlee

Kung Pao Master
Reaction score
Item number: 230171597544

Hey, I saw that too....I emailed the guy to see if it came with title. I'd be less inclined for a parts truck - no room for more junk. If it's titled, yeah, that is a good deal on a fixer-upper Ford.

Adam Lee

Attachments

• f250.jpg
    f250.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 23

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea I paid $750 cash for my beater 83 F250 2x4, and it is in pretty sorry shape. Gets me around though. Cost me another $700 a few months later in repairs, but Im still glad I have one that I dont have to worry about getting beat up too much.

Adamlee

Kung Pao Master
Reaction score
beater 6.9IDI pickup

Well, I have no doubt SOMEONE will buy that rig...it is a real low price, even without a title.

I'm sort of in the market for a ford/chevy/dodge pick 'em up truck, dieselized, 4x4, so that I can set it up for biodiesel home-brew.

Tired of paying so much for gas; and my only diesel right now is my '70 Kaiser Jeep 6x6....not so much a daily driver.;burnout

Hey, FWIW, if there's an east coast fixer-upper F250/F350 with 6.9/7.3 IDI out there, about 2k or less, I'm all ears.

Crew cab would be a plus....but 4x4 is mandatory. 83-94 vintage......

Adam Lee

Attachments

• M35A2Typical.jpg
    M35A2Typical.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 7

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a DD if you can make cheap homebrew...would cost you less than the gas you're buying now....even at 8mpg. I'd hate to park it at Walmart though :)

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
ehhh,they ain't that bad to park.Easier to back into a parking spot than pull in forward.At 8-10MPG they ain't the worst mileage trucks you can have.....even though,mine did clock 6MPG on my trip to Peachtree City yesterday....But mine is in travis mode right now......and I did find a fuel leak half way home and another when I got home.....so I might have dumped a lot of fuel.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Hey,You are over on Steel Soldiers ain't ya?If not why not....it is the green iron version of this place.......

Adamlee

Kung Pao Master
Reaction score
Adam Lee from SS..yes

Hey,You are over on Steel Soldiers ain't ya?If not why not....it is the green iron version of this place.......

Yes, FT, I'm an SS member as well. Seems like lots of us end up on diesel boards....my other realm of surfage is biodiesel boards. I am really making an honest attempt to wean myself away from using gasoline and just go homebrew biodiesel; reason one is economic (I am a poor county elementary teacher:dunno ) and the other is FREEDOM from the gub'ment, the arab oil barons, the american oil barons, and also...I like the recycling aspect.

anyway, I'll be back...gotta eat some dinner. been a long day gettin' stuff done, with no fun time....:backoff

ps...in the attached screenshot, my deuce is 4th from left on the top row...

Adam Lee

Attachments

• google screenshot with my deuce.JPG
    google screenshot with my deuce.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 22

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the exhaust note on the Deuce's. I think I saw Jonathan's Deuce and a couple others over on youtube.

pigseye

Reaction score
Hi Adamlee,
To bad your on the east coast and I'm in the midwest.

I've got a 1990 f250 extended cab, 4x4, rebuilt automatic tranny about 20k miles ago (done by PO), 214k miles on truck.

New batteries and battery cables, new glow plugs (Beru), new alternator, rear axle seals replaced, new brakes, good tires. Power windows and locks all work. Coolant replaced last year and SCAs added.

The AC doesn't hold freon anymore but it ran cold for a couple of weeks when freon was added last summer.

Starts and runs great but is rusty and dented. All the classic ford rust spots.

I would like to get $2000 because I had to spend so much money making repairs. But would take $1800.

Maybe someone closer to me (St. Paul, MN) would be interested.

Pigseye