Cheap pump for wmo?

discbrks

Reaction score
Looking for a cheap pump to pump my wmo out of one bucket, thru filters, and into a clean bucket. As I get more involved with this wmo, I don't mind buying a more expensive, faster, and more reliable pump. Right now just looking for a cheapo starter pump.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think you could go wrong with a Harbor Freight clear-water pump. If you've got a store close, you can get one for about $30.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
thats what i have and it works, you wont be moving oil fast at all and you have to prime it up but it works.

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using a pneumatic pump - it works and can push through the water separator / filter I'm using - but it has it's faults - you have to be pumping out of at least a 35 gal barrel with bungs that seal pretty well, it works better in steel 55's than plastic 35s, and it takes some finesse to not make a mess, I'll be looking for something electric powered soon.

Ultralight

Reaction score
I use a stock Chevrolet engine oil pump. I tapped the oil outlet with a 3/8 pipe thread and use a 3' piece of pipe. I use a cordless drill attached to the pipe with hose clamps and use a piece of threaded rod to turn it. A piece of 1/4 fuel line and clamps acts as a coupler between the threaded rod and pump. It pumps really fast and produces a lot of pressure. I straightened an oil pan pick-up tube and left the strainer on it. I had the pump lying around but I think new ones are 15-20 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk