Champion radiator arrived today.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after looking around and weighing my options. I figured i would give a shot at ordering a champion radiator and hope they package it nicely. So after it slowly made its way from California it arrived this morning to my apartment. I must say they seem to have taken a few evening courses on how to package things. I was pretty impressed and had no damage done to mine.

You must be registered for see images

Also noticed my box had this sticker on the side with a few bible versus on it. Thats not something you see everyday.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She looks good man. I think you'll really like the difference. A fun thing to check is the fins/inch on the new vs the old rad. More surface area on the new rad is a very good thing when hauling heavy in the summer heat.

Heath

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya that's how mine came packed to...lots of styro around it and no damage either...You'll like it!

Reaction score
Last edited:

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after looking around and weighing my options. I figured i would give a shot at ordering a champion radiator and hope they package it nicely. So after it slowly made its way from California it arrived this morning to my apartment. I must say they seem to have taken a few evening courses on how to package things. I was pretty impressed and had no damage done to mine.

Also noticed my box had this sticker on the side with a few bible versus on it. Thats not something you see everyday.

I think that's pretty cool

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one thing i noticed is it seems like the aluminum sheet metal brackets are rather crudely cut. Almost looks like there main set of tools are tin snips to cut and a big punch and hammer to make holes. Any body else notice that on theres? I dont see it causing any problems but its just something i noticed.

Reaction score
The one thing i noticed is it seems like the aluminum sheet metal brackets are rather crudely cut. Almost looks like there main set of tools are tin snips to cut and a big punch and hammer to make holes. Any body else notice that on theres? I dont see it causing any problems but its just something i noticed.

Fit and finish on these isn't the greatest, yes. But hey, function over form. At least it's shiny!

Mike

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Looks great!

Its been mentioned before but be sure to replace the crappy thread tape on the two fittings with pipe dope/thread sealant before the install ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats great you got the radiater in nice shape. The finish may just be a little crude but its something that will not harm the workings. But looseing some skinn should be told to the company. Thats how they change things by customer comments. ?Everything does cost money too so maybe they might charge more to finish the barackets too. The cap is a little too high for my tastes. I feel 13 lbs is the max we should run in these engines. The teflon tape is another item thatrequired attention before the install too. If you have an auto trans with that tiny hose running off the heater return to the water pump please remove it. Plug the bottom radiater tank and you will be fine with the over operation of the radiater. All the small hose does is bypass hot coolant directly to the bottom tank in hopes that the auto trans fluid will warm up faster.. When did we ever need that....

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about getting a crossflow rad in our trucks. I know they cool better, but definitely be .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance