Champion aluminum radiator specifications, including comparison to OEM

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Advertised on EBAY.
Seller is listed on label: Tony Martin Best Cooling Performance, in CA. They were nice to deal with, courteous and reacted quickly to the shipping damage. A++

Searched ebay for
Tony Martin Best Cooling Performance, in CA

Nothing

Link?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try going to EBAY and type in the part number MC1165. Other vendors may be shown however I think he will be first...........

Reaction score
FYI, the 'from' address on that box is Champion's distribution facility. All the eBay vendors are just drop-shipping from there.

Mike

Reaction score
To bad we cant get Champion rads to come on board as a sponsorjng member and offer a weeee break to us OBers here.....anyone wanna take a stab at enti ing them????

Hint hint nudge nudge wink wink....Mike :sly :poke

Dunno about that. A group buy maybe, but my experience with automotive forums in general is that sponsors aren't allowed to be as heavily scrutinized as any other vendor. Until these guys can get their quality issues figured out (mostly related to shipping damage), I wouldn't want to give them that 'pass'.

Still haven't put a lot of miles on the truck yet, but enough to give me some confidence I got the install right the first time on this (for a change). No leaks so far. No changes in temp, either, for the reasons I suggested in my post following the install. One curious thing the truck's been doing since the install is that the high idle is kicking off early. Usually, the high idle cuts out somewhere in the low to mid 120s. The last two times I drove the truck, it's cutting out closer to 100°-110°F. Probably not related, and the truck still runs just fine anyway, so something to just keep an eye on for now.

Mike

Reaction score
So, finally had the first long drive pulling anything. Only two sportbikes on a trailer plus a bedfull of gear, but no matter what I did, the worst I could get it to was 213. For comparison, this same trip would get me to upper 220s easy, potentially 230s. And for this one, I left the AC on and flogged it the whole way up doing at least 70-75. The trip was from San Diego to Pahrump, with grades like the Cajon and Ibex pass (highest on either was 210, and I was cranking on it doing 70 all the way up just to try to get it to get hot). I'm very excited about this and would definitely recommend getting the 4-Row versus the 3. I'm also noticing the fan clutch seems much more willing to engage. Perhaps it's because the wider core shortens the distance between the heat of the radiator and the thermal spring for the clutch? Not sure, but it definitely helps keep it cool.

Very happy with this upgrade!

Mike

Last edited:

DMerino7

Reaction score
I just ordered a MC1165 4 core rad. Has anyone had any major issues installing it? or does everything bolt in place?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online