Cetane Booster beneficial in a 7.3 idi?

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to do the ATF thing but got pulled over and DOT tried to say i had farm / offroad diesel in my tanks years ago they tried to fine me like $1500 and threatened me with upto 10yrs in prison and held me at the weigh station for nearly 16hrs till test results came back and i was handcuffed setting in theyre holding cell. I was towing my fifth wheel camper and had my ex and daughter stuck in the camper unable to run gen set or anything in 100F+ heat in Nevada so i will not do the transmission fluid thing again as that was a total nightmare.

The DOT officers excuse was a unusual smelling exhaust red flagged something was off and he decided to inspect the truck and such and they fully searched the camper and all 4 officers total again it was a total nightmare keep in mind I have never done drugs and do not drink or anything and have a clean record outside of minor traffic.

I told him right then and there i use transmission fluid to add lubricity and to help keep fuel system clean because of my engine was never designed for ULSD he said I will be the judge of that and then handcuffed me put me in holding cell.
That's a crock of **** honestly I've never had a issue with that and I've run red dye in a few of my trucks as well

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a crock of **** honestly I've never had a issue with that and I've run red dye in a few of my trucks as well

if you ever get caught could be really bad people have done prison time over running red dye offroad fuel and i have seen several people get nabbed for it as i come from farm country and the farm kids often run farm diesel and several got caught and it didnt go well for them.

upto 20yrs in prison / upto $10,000 in fines / 10yrs of probation ( another $5,000~ in cost ) / also you wear that issue for rest of your life every time you go thru any weigh station or are pulled over that is on your record and will push the officer to check and further search and hassle you ( it gives them a legal excuse to do so ) LOL.

once you get a felony its for life remember that add to it tax evasion will also be on your record for rest of your life this could seriously hurt you job wise again for rest of your life.

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
if you ever get caught could be really bad people have done prison time over running red dye offroad fuel and i have seen several people get nabbed for it as i come from farm country and the farm kids often run farm diesel and several got caught and it didnt go well for them.

upto 20yrs in prison / upto $10,000 in fines / 10yrs of probation ( another $5,000~ in cost ) / also you wear that issue for rest of your life every time you go thru any weigh station or are pulled over that is on your record and will push the officer to check and further search and hassle you ( it gives them a legal excuse to do so ) LOL.

once you get a felony its for life remember that add to it tax evasion will also be on your record for rest of your life this could seriously hurt you job wise again for rest of your life.
I agree. It's just not worth it to me. I haven't put ATF in my diesel trucks for probably about 15 years. I have NO DESIRE to push my luck with the DOT. If nothing else, it's just one less thing that I have to worry about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online