Centerforce clutch?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes South Bend does have clutches for our IDI's. I've had their 12 inch kevlar/metalic clutch on my truck for about 2 years. It doesn't slip as nice at the stocker taking off or backing up, but it hooks up and holds. I replaced the stock clutch because with the turbo and DPS goodies, not to mention 37 inch tires, it was slipping way too much.

You must be registered for see images

Heath

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hate centerforce clutches with a red hot burning passion. i would not use there clutch system in anything. if you really want to know about them go to your local drag strip and ask around. i had one in my mustang when i used to drag race it. the third time out it shattered. all the clutch matiral was ripped off of the clutch disc, not one piece was bigger then a quarter. sent it back to them and they sent me a new one for free "after stalling for 6 weeks" i put that one in after a week of street driving it was slipping bad. took it back out and they refused to do anything about it. i had the flywheel resurfaced both times and sent the reciets to thm as well. they told me it was installed wrong. i said that was funny, want to tell my boss that. i think he would like to know i cant install a clutch since im a mechanic. then there like well then the flywheel was resurfaced wrong or its out of spec. after that i put a ram clutch in it and its still in there. hell i have broke the rear end 3 times and the ram clutch is still in there. either the spider gears break and throw parts everywhere or ring gear teeth break, slicks will make you go, and let you know the weak points as well. but if it was me id go with a ram clutch, but i have heard good things about south bend clutches as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online