CDR Questions

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Hi, I've come to the conclusion that my CDR is not good any more. I have a nice coat of oil all over my air filter and a small amount leaking from the grommet on the valve cover-cuss. It is very hard to find a new CDR, the stealership wants $80 for a new one and the grommet is no longer in production. So, I did some looking around online, and I have decided to clean mine out with gasoline for the time being.

Now, I have heard from someone that it is possible to use a GM 6.2L CDR on one of these rigs. Has anyone done this? Could you post some pictures and maybe tell me how you made it work? I hate GM with all my heart, but if their parts fit and are still available (including the grommet), then I can't hate 'em so much I guess. :puke: Not to mention they are a lot cheaper.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 words. International Harvester. Find a dealership around you. They can get you the valve, grommett, and clamp. All of my stuff from them was less than $80 I think................

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
I called case IH agriculture and I called Bratten International in Portland. Case/IH said we only do ag stuff and Bratten said that International does not have them in stock at all (anywhere in the world) and has no idea how long it would take to get one if they ordered one. Plus, they wanted $92 for it, which is more than Ford. The grommet and clamp are no longer in production from either Ford or international. So, back to GM, who still makes them and sells them for under $50 with grommets. I know somebody said they had used one or currently are.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part number for the v/c grommett is:

1813229C1 It is listed as a "Hose". List price was $8.31 and I paid $6.80.

If they can pull up the exploded diagram with the grommet part # then the part # for the CDR will be there too. IIRC I had to get one of the old school guys to show the parts guy how to pull it up on the computer. I know for a fact that both items are available as i bought them just 2 months ago. I can't find the receipt for the CDR right now, so I cant provide part #'s.

If your local dealer keeps playing retarded, then call the one here in Memphis and order it from them. They are good guys and one of the largest IH dealers in the country.

Diamond International
1750 E. Brooks Rd
Memphis, TN 38116
(901)-345-6275
www.Diamondtrucks.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigal093

Members online