CDR Mods

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to say it looks a lot like a banks relocation routing but not banks hardware. Maybe a different turbo of some type that was removed and the CDr was hacked back together. Is it from one of those goofy single side deals towcat?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to say it looks a lot like a banks relocation routing but not banks hardware. Maybe a different turbo of some type that was removed and the CDr was hacked back together. Is it from one of those goofy single side deals towcat?
imho, it looks like an abortion from hypermax or Banks.

jdb

Reaction score
that is a GM 5.7 oil fill cap.
it can draw in fresh air but won't allow crankcase vapors to get out.
to the OP- is there any other evidence a turbo kit was mounted on the truck at one time?

I can't see any evidence of a previous turbo installation, but I may not know what to look for.

What I do know is that the previous owner rebuilt the engine (hence the grey paint) and it is possible that he removed an after-market turbo at that time. He did remove the factory air conditioning.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is actually better than oem.Dave S (a former mod on FTE) used to claim regularly,that over the years that he (and diesel mechanics of the era) had discovered evidence of the rear two most cylinders running much,much hotter than the others.the cause was due to burning the oil vapors from the CDR,in that it was a poor design because the vapors didn't get dispersed through all cylinders evenly.
so by relocating the CDR so the vapors drain back towards the front as shown here in this homemade setup (and as can be seen in turbo kits) the issue is resolved and you'll have increased engine longevity.

edit;
though right.it's only half right now lol.can't work as setup in a funny loop.needs to be blocked off at the cdr and hooked into the air filter now.

Last edited: