Case Tractor Dilema

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are just some pics of a recent restoration. We really like the unstyled A's and B's

Attachments

• tractor 2 087.jpg
    tractor 2 087.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 3
  • tractor 2 070.jpg
    tractor 2 070.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 5
  • picture 689.jpg
    picture 689.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 6

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I might have had some luck today. Instead of going to the local case dealer like I did the first time, I called them and they said .010 bearings were still available. So I ordered them so we shall see ina couple of days wether or not this is true.
Thanks again,
Lance

EDIT: Nevermind, he just called back to tell me they weren't available. RLDSL, This means that the parts on the diagram you found for this cannot be ordered.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Ok I might have had some luck today. Instead of going to the local case dealer like I did the first time, I called them and they said .010 bearings were still available. So I ordered them so we shall see ina couple of days wether or not this is true.
Thanks again,
Lance

EDIT: Nevermind, he just called back to tell me they weren't available. RLDSL, This means that the parts on the diagram you found for this cannot be ordered.

Yeah, he looked it up on the same thing we did. Chances are, the part just went out of stock. Next stop is the bearing manufacturer to match up a bearing from something else. There should be a bearing that fits the thing , it's just a matter of finding it. , if that turns out to be a dead end, then the crank will need to be welded up and reground to stock if that is the only size bearing available. I do know a great crank repair place if it comes to that.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think it would be cheaper to have a set of bearing rebabbitted than to have the crank rewelded.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I just talked to Don yeaterday and he has already sent a set of mains. He is currently the only source you can get these from. However they are refurbished.

RedTruck

Reaction score
I'm glad you found a solution. Please post back and let us know how it works out.

Paul