Carrier fuel pump install

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
After all the problems I had at the end of the rally, I decided to take Mel's suggestion and mount my new fuel pump on the frame rail. I did find a bunch of gunk on the strainer, that I figured was from something in the batch of fuel I tried to get home from the rally on.

I used a piece of 2" angle iron, that is bolted on the frame rail. The Carrier pump is mounted to it. The pump now sits about 10" forward of the selector valve.

We mounted it to the inside of the left front fender on Tuesday, in the hopes it would be good enough to get me home. It did, but not as graceful as I would have liked.

I have to say that moving it to the frame rail is, by FAR, a better place to put it! The truck is running a whole lot better now and the fuel starvation symptoms have disappeared completely. I haven't taken any pics of the install yet, but will try to very soon.

Gary

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yes as close to the selector valve or tank is best but the fuel You run trough it determines how fast is it going to get to the IP. Our tanks will get a skin after You use different fuels specially wvo that is why I have aluminum tanks now.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you! I need to take some shots of mine, it's next to my radiator with the filter. Can't wait to get things wired so I can fire it up.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
so if u run 100% wmo on the frame would be the better place or up in the engine compartment
id like to mount it in the engine compartment
i also have the carrier pump also but its sitting in my tool box just waiting to be installed

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
It's rated at 10ft of lift. I'm not sure, but having it in the engine bay will only raise it 18" at most. I'd think it should do fine.

discbrks

Reaction score
I installed mine the same day it came in the mail (thanks Gen Lightening!). I made a bracket that comes off the pass. side battery tray and the pump bolts there. That way when I clean the filter, I can unscrew the base while standing up - much cleaner than laying under the truck - and anything that drips falls straight down into a drip pan.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
That's right where mine is, with the filter mounted to the radiator support. I'm bringing my camera today to take more pics of my progress, it's getting closer!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was impressed with the quality of the construction of the pump, but I can't say it seemed any better overall than a Holley. I'm glad that made a difference Gary, although I can't imagine why. That 10' of lift isn't much of a sure thing if that is the case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online