Carpet/rubber floor

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
There are other options like cork it will help or you can use some thin Styro SM and laminate a few layers. The problem with a headliner it has to be fairly light or you will have it fall down on you at the worst time. Anything you use would have to be glued with contact cement or some silicone or PL Premium construction adhesive.

I would think with the Grace ice and water sheild it would smell like tar when the sun beats on the roof of your truck and you have black drips of goo falling on ya LOL

As for Warden lumber rack the simplest solution to get rid of the noise is take the portion that goes over the cab off and leave a headache rack behind the cab. I know building contractors here need to carry something long they have a rack that slips onto the front bumper or some kind of hidden tubes.

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree on the mat, it is only for the doors, floor and firewall. Some posted on the "other site" that it took a couple of weeks to get rid of the smell.

I wonder about using a undercoating spray (rubber type) on the ceiling?

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Well, I went "shopping" today.... or at least tried.
Home Depot here in Victoria does not have anything close to the grace ice/water stuff....
I went looking and found what I wanted... but I still am not sure where to get it from. On the floor of the Canadian Tire, in the sports section where they had ice skates, they had this thick rubber mat, and it was JUST what I wanted. But they didn't have any for sale :(
It looked like it would be great, it was some what soft, and flexible, but still held up to ice skates and such on it.... so ya, now to find some. I am going to check out the larger sports store, and see what they say.

For now I just ripped off the underlay part, and I am going to use the rubber bit. At least it will be something.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Take seat and all out and have it sprayed with line x bedliner it will not rust and you can wash it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online