Cab to axel measurment on long box VS cab chassie with 137" WB

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
I have an 86' 6 wheel cab chassis, I am debating on putting a bed from an 85 dualie on it. How stupid is it going to look. cookoo

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you guys got things backwards.
you can mount a pickup bed onto a commercial chassis but you will have a 4" gap between the bed and the cab.
you can mount a commercial box on a pickup bed but the axle will be skewed forward. pickup truck CA is 56" commercial chassis CA is 60"

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tires are going to be about 3" further inset on each side then a real dually

^^This. Measure the distance between the inner tires and compare it to the floor of the pick-up bed in between the wheel houses, you may have rub issues.
Travis..

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
^^This. Measure the distance between the inner tires and compare it to the floor of the pick-up bed in between the wheel houses, you may have rub issues.
Travis..

I have done this swap on a 88 F350 cab-n-chassis with no issues at all. And there is a 4" total difference between a c-n-c axle width verse a dually pick up axle

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
I appreciate the info all I'm looking to do is get a winter out of it and then put a utility body on in the spring. Ill throw a set of 3" stacks inbetween the bed and cab to take up the space. Thanks again

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Gonna look something like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

This is an 1995 gasser cab and box with original front clip 1984 F350 6.9L 4 speed cab/chassic truck, with original 84 interior.

Looks like alot of work done to be sold for only 900$ last month just because the pilot bearing went.

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
That doesnt look half bad, the bed I got lined up is a dualie bed so there will be some exxxxtra space, but a temporary solution until i get the utility box in working order.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online