Cab Swap?

Splash

Reaction score
I was wondering if the 98 and up dodges have the same instrument cluster as my 96 because I am looking at maybe swapping the cab to get the extra 2 doors for ease of putting a car seat and baby in. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends, do you have one of the "half year" trucks with the new style dash? if so, direct swap...if not...just pull the dashes out and swap them with the electronics. takes about 30 minutes to completely remove the dash, it comes out as an assembly..if you need help, let me know, i have changed more evaporator cores(over 75 at least)....the dashes are easy as hell to take out. and are completely bolt in on any of the 2nd gen rams. meaning the new dash will bolt directly in place of the old style and vice versa.

Splash

Reaction score
Hey thanks, I will if I can find a cab in good shape for the right price. BTW how can you tell if it is a "half" year model????

stacerbob

Borderline Genius
Reaction score
In '98 there was a 12v club cab & 12v quad cab, 98.5 they were 24v & I even saw a 1999 club cab once.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
owensville missouri. probaly about 5 hours from you. my mom lives in conway and its a 6hr drive from my house to hers.

also the "half years"...some had the 12v with the new style dash...i've even seen a 24v with the old style dash. they basically used whatever they had layin around...because they both fit right in there.

stacerbob

Borderline Genius
Reaction score
& another good thing about the Dodge is the VIN tag is on the dash, so if you swap the cab you can keep the same VIN# easily!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger