cab interior

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after several searches i am still at a loss on this.
i have a truck with no seats. i have found someone kinda close to me parting an 89 F150 and he still has the seats. could anyone tell me if the interior (from door to door) is the same size in a late 80s F150 as in my late 80s F250? i would prefer not to have to drive out there and take measurements being that is a 40 mile one way trip and i have too many projects to be wasting my time driving for nothing. and i dont trust anyone to take measurements in the same way that i do, not that i do it in any special way.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will bolt right up.
+1 on that.
any F150 to F450 interiors from 1980 to 1997 will generally interchange. there are generational differences throughout the years but most parts in general will do. seats especially. the 92-97 seats are the most comfy.;Sweet

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the centurian trucks from 87 to 91 had really nice seats. I got mine out of a 91 crew cab and its so much better then the stock bench(sits a lot higher). The only thing it doesnt have is a center arm rest. Oh well cant have everything.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the quick replies. this will help a lot considering the next closest one is almost twice the distance.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, i have found a bench seat that is pretty close. it is from a single cab truck so i was wondering if anyone has experience with putting a single cab bench in an extended cab truck. my main concern is if the seat will cause problems with back seat access.
any ideas?

edit: if it helps, the donor truck is a 1990 f150 4x4 standard

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I have an extended cab with a bench...mine does not fold forward as a whole, rather it is two halfs that have to fold forward separatly.

As a general rule, 1980 to 1996 cabs are about the same. there were some differences in pedals, dashes, steering culimns etc. but the doors, seats, windshields etc will all interchange with minor differences

bigrandy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the seats from the standard cab and crewcab are adirect swap but the extended cab seat frame is more like the bronco just a little different from what i found

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, i have found a bench seat that is pretty close. it is from a single cab truck so i was wondering if anyone has experience with putting a single cab bench in an extended cab truck. my main concern is if the seat will cause problems with back seat access.
any ideas?

edit: if it helps, the donor truck is a 1990 f150 4x4 standard

The single-cab bench likely has a cord on the back of it that limits how far forward the seatback can fold - in my case said cord also served for automatically lifting the center arm-rest when folding the seatback forward for accessing stuff behind it. I cut and removed said cord, now my seatback can fold all the way till the headrest hits the steering wheel, much much better access to stuff behind seat. Your new seat may have that cord too, so cutting it will make it much easier for your rear-seat passengers to get in and out.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
i put a crew cab seat in my dad's ex-cab there's a keeper for the hinge i took that out and it folds forward nicely;Sweet i'm dooin the same in mine i got a 96 psd seat for my 92;Sweet

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys. i wasn't looking forward to getting it even though its in great condition because i didnt think it would fold forward far enough for rear seat access. i will definately be looking at the tilt hinge/mechanism to figure out if it will allow me make a simple modification.

on an unrelated note, i will be tracing any problems i can find with the glow plugs and controller. i took a look at the tech section, and found the thread on bypassing the controller. after reading through it i made up a drawing of how i suspect the the controller operates normally. i will be testing this on tuesday or so, and if i have something wrong it would be helpful if someone could correct me.

the parts in red lettering are the parts that i am not sure about
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online