C6 Linkage Adjustment???

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After decades and a million + times of going from P to D to R etc things have gotten sloppy, real sloppy in the column arm movement...OR... whatever is happening down at the C6 linkage area. :puke:

Example...from N, I could simply slide down to D now, at times I have to pull back on the shift arm to get to D. And then once in D the weight of my arm will move the trany-arm between D & 2 but not fully into 2 and the trany feels like it slips-bad > > > until I simply lift the selector arm up to D then it's fine.
Same thing in reverse > if it's in D, I 'use to' be able to simply move the lever up to N > now at times I have to pull-back and up on the shift arm for N.

ALSO...I now notice > when going over bumps, RR-crossing etc my shifter in the column jumps up and down > this is kinda new also.

Question > is there some proper adjustments down on the trany linkage that I can do?
I have adjusted the bands before but NEVER touched the shift linkage adjustments on the side.:dunno

This OLD truck will be the death of me, then...Mel, well you know the rest.;Sweet

Last edited:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope the cab mounts have not rusted and let the cab drop. That would throw the shifter adjustment off. Looks like you need to look over the linkage, and if it looks good, check the cab mounting and the column mounting.

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the C6 Gear selector in "D", hang an 8 pound weight (like a 1 gallon plastic milk bottle filled with water to make eight pounds and some wire to make a hanger) from the selector lever. Get under the truck and loosen the shift rod adjusting nut, crank the lever on the tranny all the way back, to Low, then back forward two clicks to Drive and snug it up. Check for correct operation and tweak if necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online