C-6 Swap

Black Horse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dose anyone know if a c-6 from a 400M will bolt up to my 7.3 are all c-6's equal or are they different for the diesel's? Mine is done and my buddy has one that I can have if it will work for me. Thanks:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull your transmission, pull your buddy's transmission, swap the insides around, bolt your revived transmission back in your truck. The bolt patterns of the bellhousings are different between gassers and diesels, so your friend's C6 will not directly bolt in place of yours.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you need a 2wd or 4wd C6? I have one out of a diesel that works. I';d let it go at just above scrap metal pricing or less. Its a 2wd.

Black Horse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys maybe I should just have mine rebuilt rather then taking two apart and making one good one. I think there not to expensive to rebuild.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No and if you are an able home mechanic you might be able to build it yourself as well. Labor wouldn't be too bad especially if you pulled the transmission yourself and it was just soft parts or seals. If its hard parts you're going to be in it for some serious money though. Try and find a flat rate shop if you can as the hours can add up. Some here say you can get a decent overhaul kit at transgo. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online