ByPass Oil Systems

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the link. My understanding is the IDI is 1.5" x 16 thread - which shows same as PSD - they offer a whole kit for PSD or just the adapter P/N BK301 $69 - towards bottom of page. It's not that difficult to round up most of the parts to build your own I don't think. The kit price is pretty pricey.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/filters-and-by-pass-systems/by-pass/filters-and-mounts/

I own one bought it to install, then I get to thinking, another $200 or so to buy #10 oil feed lines and fittings then the dual element, Which I already own and had installed for 5 years on my truck already.
This time around I just said NOPE! the PSD sized filter is superior to the smaller EAO26 filter that is used as the full flow filter.
All the hassle of mounting and extra hot oil lines running to and from the engine.

This time around I just mounted a bypass filter and ran oil pressure feed and return to the bypass, simple and easier.
What I rather do now is add two Bypass filters to help cleanup my WMO fired 7.3 that gets the oil dirty in a hurry.
AMSOIL sells the DUAL-GAURD Bypass setup, that is next on my list.
The PSD filter in the OEM location is staying right there.

Javier

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.