Bye Bye PSD....

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I finally have a deal made to get the 1997 7.3PSD out of my garage.;Sweet I'm trading it for one of these:

http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/src/M1200.shtml

Almost new, used 3 times. This deal is going down with Jim - the guy who helped me mount my t-case. He needs a PSD for his 96 F350 dually 4x4 (35's, 8" lift - killer PSD Ford with a 6spd ZF) and I wanted a winch big enough to pull my beast out should the need arise:D ....The shop he works in is a Warn dealer so I stopped in to see him about buying one used or warranty return....We got to talking and within 5 minutes a deal was made.

He had this on his Jeep but now that he wants to rebuild the 7.3 in his truck he wanted a good runner to keep it going in the mean time. He was eyeballing my PSD while he was working in my shop....-Drool -Drool -Drool I'm going to make it a mobile mount use for the front or rear of my F250, my buddy's car trailer and a freebie mid 80's Suzuki Samurai I'm supposed to pick up this week.....Got plans for the Zook, snowplow in the winter, mud machine in the summer with a tow bar on it - the price was right.:rotflmao

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Score Stuart glad that it worked out well. That unit sells around 1700 if I recall correctly.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he said it was $1500. I was just going to be happy if I got a 3000lb piece to use on the car trailer, this animal is awesome....

sassyrel

Reaction score
stuart---p l e a s e make damn sure the mounts for that winch are extra strong--since your going to use it front and rear. Cause thats going to create bunches of pull in either place!!!!!!!! Can you say break and things go flying?????? Not being wise either, just make sure----------------------

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
sounds like you got a good deal and took away some bad temptation;Poke :D

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Overkill is my middle name...LOL.....I don't offroad with my truck and I won't be for sure if I get the Samurai. Mostly just use the F250 in the snow, woods for firewood transport and hauling heavy loads or gravel. My front mount will be as good as a class 5 rear. 1/4" wall reciever tubing. The temptation will be gone but I like my IDI too much to pull it out....Low on HP compared to the PSD but so damn reliable....My IDI is tight - 1/2 a litre of oil used in 3500km.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online