Bumpers

94crewcabIDI

Reaction score
So I'm looking at a 1988 f350 rclb dually 4x4 5spd 7.3idi tomorrow. The front bumper is tweaked and I don't like that. Are the bumper mounts the same on the 88 as a 92-97? If so how well would a legend series ranch hand look on an ol brick nose? On another note this truck has problems starting since the diesel gelled up last week. What might remedy that if I buy her?

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounts should/will be different because the geometry of the bumper changed with the "aero dynamic" front end.

I think the bumper would kinda look funny to me because of the rounded front on the obs compared to the brick nose, but it's all up to your taste on what it looks like.

Might try changing the filter and bleeding the system. Depending on how bad it was the filter could have crap in it now and air in the lines.

Power service 911 would take care of the gelling if it's jelled now, just follow the directions on it.

I run Power service winter (silver bottle if I remember correctly, haven't bought any in a while) during the winter, October-March around here.. And Power Service white bottle in the summer (lube and cetane additive). About 4-6 oz in front and 2-3 oz in the rear. (.32 oz/gallon or so I like to run it a little hot). I never try to run the tanks dry so it never exact.

Last edited:

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry edit from the previous... white bottle in summer and silver in winter.. I'm always backwards with these... I do not buy them a lot cause I don't put a ton of miles on... 1 bottle of each (smaller 32oz) usually lasts me all summer/winter)