Bucket Seats in a Single Cab

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
So...... Now that I am in the process of doing some MAJOR upgrades to my truck, I kinda sorta want bucket seats in my truck.... I have seen some pictures on Google so I know they will fit, the question is... How and what kind... Anyone have any information? Or a thread that shows someone doing this (I couldn't find one).... I know the bench is a classic, but... the comfort of bucket seats :hail

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I'll getta pic of mine here in a bit but there's a bracket that mounts the seats just like a bench and Ive gotta mother set of buckets that I'm gonna mount diffrently using the mounts for the seat and the only spot there gonna bolt to is were the bench does I'll just have to get a pic once I do it eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real question is, how much money do you want to spend and.or how willing are you to do some fabrication?

You can find a set of bucket seats out of an '80-'96 extended-cab Ford F-series...the outer holes will line up with the bolt holes for the bench seat, and you can drill and reinforce the two inner holes...but, if you do that, MAKE SURE YOU REINFORCE THE HOLES! Take a look here to see why it's necessary: http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...d-Build-Thread&p=830869&viewfull=1#post830869

If you're in the mood for some fabrication, any bucket seat setup from a full-size truck can be made to fit.

Alternately, if you can afford to buy new seats, bucket seats with a bracket to bolt to the stock bench seat holes are available...here's an example of a site that offers this: http://www.discountvantruck.com/

IMHO don't cheap out...I'm with you on ripping the bench seat out, but the difference between a good seat and a bad one can be the health of your back!

Hope this helps some...good luck ;Sweet

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
I'm only 21 but I drive A LOT and that bench seat gets bleh after about 60 miles haha. This is pretty cool and that's awesome! It costs the same as the bumper I want.... Man.... I need a better job! The navy doesn't pay enough! :rotflmao

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank you for serving.
as a Navy Vet, i know first hand that they dont pay jack ****.
sad that people on welfare get paid more than our e-1's and e-2's.
but thats another story.
im going to be using super duty interior in mine. so comfy! my 01 puts me to sleep!
search for the right at the right price.
a side job always helped me when i served!

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
thank you for serving.
as a Navy Vet, i know first hand that they dont pay jack ****.
sad that people on welfare get paid more than our e-1's and e-2's.
but thats another story.
im going to be using super duty interior in mine. so comfy! my 01 puts me to sleep!
search for the right at the right price.
a side job always helped me when i served!

Thank you for saying thank you, I have 6 months left then I am off to work for the railroad, can't wait! Yeah, it is sad, I just wish people didn't abuse the Welfare system.... Man, an 01 interior sounds awesome. After seeing the cost of them buckets I am gonna wait, the upgrades I am doing now are runnin me about $3,000 so it will be some time. I will eventually get some buckets in there, the ol' bench will have to do for now. Maybe I will get a red bench outta a F150 XLT Lariat with the fold down armrest, know what I'm talkin about? Them pretty comfy to. My 1990 F150 Single Cab Short Box has the nicest bench seat I've ever sat on.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thankyouforthankingmeforthankingyou???

ive found complete SD interior for about 300 bucks.
being so close to christmas, i decided to wait. and got my son a his only present. it was tripple the price, but we can both use it :)
when i was 6 months to my EOS date, i got into a scuffle with my command master cheif. he gave me 2 black eyes and he got a broken nose.
then the a$$hole reported me, i dont know who won, or who lost, but i was the only E-1 with a service stripe lol
civi life is so much better! cant really thank him enough.
fair winds and following...blahblahblah

as we used to say in CNCB Port "Whoneedsme"
FTN IN TIAJUANNA!

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
That isn't a bad price at all, for a whole interior. I just need to figure out the mounting, that website listed above by The Warden has mounting plates but those may only be specific to their seats. A SD interior would be nice, don't know how that would work in my single cab though, em SD buckets are a decent size! What was your rate and how long ago where you in?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the front seat isnt much bigger in my Sd compared to my brick nose. just bulkier.
yea mounting plates will be needed, as you do not want to mount to straight sheet metal.
sheet metal of this era is really weak.
when i do my mounts, i will drill them into the sheet metal, and on the underneath, taking a piece of 2" x 3/16 strap underneath and tie them into the floor supports.
either that, or 2" angle iron. just as long as the floor does not oil can.

i was a BUCR after my 4.5 year enlistment. attached to NMCB4. was turned down for a cap to E-3 4 times..lol
my work ethics were/ are top notch. however my gig line and my military bearing i lost somewhere inbetween a detachment to Haiti to lay some AM2 matting, and a drug induced coma in rosie roads, puerto rico.
i had alot of fun, made a man outta me, but i really saw no point in shining my boots right before a concrete pour.

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
Yeah, Bucket seats are so tempting but... I can't deal with the bench seat until all the "performance" upgrades are done...

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expidition seats are noce what i put in mine well 1 lol dragging ft on second

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful putting later model seats in an older standard cab truck. If you are average height or taller, you may not have much room. The cabs on newer trucks are larger inside, so the seats can be larger and recline, etc. A highback bucket in a square standard cab is asking to be too close to the steering wheel unless the seatback is in it's full upright (uncomfortable) position. It's not as big of a deal in a crew or super cab, but it'll still get tight. I'm sure you've seen pictures of those trucks with newer seats and almost no space between the front and back seats right?
Travis..

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a crew cab and the expidition seats are perfect. Plus it has ful electronic control.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cut the brackets and use a sledge on the floor! lol just kidding.

keep us posted on your 86 F350!
i see it may be forsale soon!
my son wants a CC IDI! he's got a few bucks saved up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online