Bucket Seats in a Single Cab

anotheridi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to take a tape measure to the junkyard, but has anyone fit explorer seats in a regular cab? Maybe even retrofitted the nice center console they come with? Once I get a nice day and I'm off work I will try to see what I can find out.

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful putting later model seats in an older standard cab truck. If you are average height or taller, you may not have much room. The cabs on newer trucks are larger inside, so the seats can be larger and recline, etc. A highback bucket in a square standard cab is asking to be too close to the steering wheel unless the seatback is in it's full upright (uncomfortable) position. It's not as big of a deal in a crew or super cab, but it'll still get tight. I'm sure you've seen pictures of those trucks with newer seats and almost no space between the front and back seats right?
Travis..

I used 60/40 buckets from a 98 f150 extended cab by putting 1x2 tubing across the bench seat brackets and bolting to that. But Crashnzuk is right while they're comfortable they are too large for a standard cab. The only reason why I've kept them in is because they have a cupholder, and they're too heavy to remove by my self.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online