Brothers, don't be this stupid!

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
Brothers,

I've had a bad power steering leak for years. So tonight I started to fix it. I always had a hard time knowing exactly what leaked. Apparently, it was only a leak at the hose/barbed tube/clamp connection. I bought a new pump, so while I'm in there I might as well replace it. Looks like replacing the OE clamp would have done the job (maybe cut back the the hose too). Kick me!

John

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Haggerty said:
Brothers,

I've had a bad power steering leak for years. So tonight I started to fix it. I always had a hard time knowing exactly what leaked. Apparently, it was only a leak at the hose/barbed tube/clamp connection. I bought a new pump, so while I'm in there I might as well replace it. Looks like replacing the OE clamp would have done the job (maybe cut back the the hose too). Kick me!

John
trust me on this.....you ain't the only one. That darned hose and clamps has been the downfall of many PS diags. Its not easy to get to and the guys who replace the hose don't realize that you need to leave a little slop so the engine won't rip out the hose when it torques over to the right.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
John,
Good to see that was the problem you had. I have been in yer boat many a time coming to blows overlooking the simple things.
Hey look at it this way, that's now one less leak. ;Sweet
Welcome to OB!

Ron :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajuka

Members online