Broken into while at work

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
The only problem with rock salt is I don't have any shotguns handy. However it is a VERY good idea!!!

I wonder if I can put 220V through the truck? I'd most likely fry myself however....

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not every person can. You have to apply for a Firearms License. To do that you first need to take one of two courses...or both is you want handguns AND long guns. I took both 14 years ago, coupled with my military career from when I was younger got me a license....pretty much no questions asked. Just fille dout the form and they sent it in the mail.

I have restricted and non restricted....I can pretty much own anything that isn't semi automatic or anything too short in length.

You mean anything but full automatic right? I'm pretty sure automatics and firearms too short are the only ones which are prohibited... as well as "armour piercing" ammunition.
One of these days I want to get my restricted licence. Have my non-restricted and PAL already.
I've heard of the rock salt shotgun shells before too. I probably would want something else handy though in case they didn't run off and instead turned on me with a weapon.
I have a Winchester SXP Defender 3" chamber 12g pump. Has an 18" barrel and 5 round mag. A LOT easier to handle than a 28" in somewhat confined spaces. You can get the SXP with both the 18" and 28" barrel if you still want to use it for waterfowl and what not if you're into that for a half decent price. Great thing about the shotgun is that you can use anything from birdshot to heavy slugs. You just need to deal with limited range. JM2CW

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn I dont know what I would do without mine not that I use it everyday to hunt dinner but just having it. lol 220v is somthing that would be different an yes I would end up hurting myself too.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have an 18in barrel on mine with front an rear pistol grips pump action can hold at hip or shoulder an its great easy to keep a good grip. I agree about having somthing else handy. First shot is a bird shot waring shot then 3 rock salt an 2 buck shot. I do have hallow point slugs to on the stock of the gun.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
The rock salt is a bad idea IMO. It may not cause serious injury, but they could still have a case for assault w/ battery, and that could be aggravated because you used a deadly weapon.
Just kill the ******** and remember what my concealed weapons instructor said, "Once they have chosen to attempt to harm you, they have made the conscious decision to commit suicide." Everything is on them, not on you, morally.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
that is what the police say around here as well. if you need/decide to fire your weapon, shoot to kill on the first shot. don't bother with shooting to wound. although i am sure that is more directed to people less experience with guns. sounds like Chris knows his way around a gun well enough to pick points on a human body and hit it........

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
There was a time, way WAY back when... When I wired an ignition coil to one of those wire framed seat cushions. I left it on intentionally even at home since letting my brother drive anything is like an invite to destruction.

He got noticeably upset, and afterwards I got a new radio after pulling the boot prints out of the truck dash.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
that is what the police say around here as well. if you need/decide to fire your weapon, shoot to kill on the first shot. don't bother with shooting to wound. although i am sure that is more directed to people less experience with guns. sounds like Chris knows his way around a gun well enough to pick points on a human body and hit it........

Shoot to kill is the only plan regardless of how well trained you are. It's not just what they might do to you in the moment that matters, but you do NOT want a living perp that can come back and sue you later. 2 in the chest, one in the head.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good point... it seems here in Canada criminals can get out of prison pretty quick, so in the event of you shooting and wounding the guy, even if he does go to prison afterwards, chances are he'll be back out again in a couple years and he just might want to pay another visit with more preparation. But if it comes to shooting, it seems it better be clearly neccessary or else you end up in jail and the thief (if he survives) maybe gets a slap on the wrist at worst... The cops don't seem to want you to do their job when they aren't there, even if its needed. :Whatever:

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was broken into and they stole my tool bags. In oregon if they arent breaking into my house i cant shoot, pretty sure. You have to be careful with the ammo type you use too. Regular or police-type ammo is ok but the specialty ammo can get you in trouble. Also ***** trapping is technically illegal in the states as far as i recall

Pissed off because they stole my tool bag with my metric and standard wrenches, sockets, impact sockets.... Just my luck

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a former Law enforcement Officer, we were taught to never state in court or to the responding investigators that you were "shooting to kill". Always state you were "shooting to stop the action". If they die during the act, that is a bonus for you and the taxpayers.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks , atleast they didnt break into your house! My truck, my dads truck and car, and my moms suv, brothers car, all got broken into one day last winter....funny thing is all they took was change in the vehicles. So they made 3$ of my dad....odd thing is no damage at all i think they used those pic things. And they didnt break into my sisters car I assume thats because she has an alarm system.

I like the idea of the signs, id think theyd do some deterring.

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard about the rock salt, and even in the most conservative of states, the defense would spin that as premeditated in a heartbeat. But yeah. Keep shooting until the threat is neutralized.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will do more checking in ca an mo on the rock salt law. I would like to give someone the chance to change there life but if I shall pay for doing so. I will "shoot to stop to action".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online