Broken Interior Door Handle? heres a fix

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I haven't done this myself (don't have an OBS truck), but I recall others saying that you an retrofit an entire door latch assembly from an '80-'91 truck into the OBS door...this would give you metal rods forming a linkage between the handle and the door latch, so you don't have to deal with that cable anymore. Probably a LOT cheaper than a new cable from Ford, since you can pick it up at a junkyard...

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
FWIW I haven't done this myself (don't have an OBS truck), but I recall others saying that you an retrofit an entire door latch assembly from an '80-'91 truck into the OBS door...this would give you metal rods forming a linkage between the handle and the door latch, so you don't have to deal with that cable anymore. Probably a LOT cheaper than a new cable from Ford, since you can pick it up at a junkyard...

I never thought of that...have to give it a try.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
more then likely it will be the door itself where the handle mounts. I've already had to reweld mine and when I get time to working on the cable I'll keep you guys posted if I come up with a way to tighten the cable

ya i aleady had to fix the metal as well