Broken Back pressure Solenoid

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
I was installing the "HX Mod" and the plastic clip on the backpressure solenoid on the bottom front of the turbo/ pedestal (it's very hard to see) broke off. It looks like it's been cracked for some time and just needed to be bumped. How it got cracked is a whole other story! :mad:

Anyway, it's a very expensive part and I'm wondering first of all, what does it do and secondly can I run the truck with it disconnected? I need to get this truck running as my club, Western New York Powerstroke Association is having our Fall Dyno Day on Saturday and I've got a million things to do.

I need help fast.

Gar Hanson
President/ WNYPA

www.wnypa.org
[email protected]

Last edited:

DmaxEter

Meet Mike Hawk
Reaction score
Yes you can run it without it plugged up with no problems. You might notice a little more time needed to bring things up to operating temperature in the winter time but thats about it.

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
DmaxEter said:
Yes you can run it without it plugged up with no problems. You might notice a little more time needed to bring things up to operating temperature in the winter time but thats about it.

Will I throw any codes or get any lights? Thanks for the help. That's a load off my mind.

Y2KPSD

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
;Sweet dmaxeater!

It sounds like your EBPV...what usually gets gutted any way :Sly

Why the high $ idioiguneers put such a crappy plug down in the valley/under the turbo cookoo cookoo cookoo

Good luck on the rollers and post sum #'s :D

DmaxEter

Meet Mike Hawk
Reaction score
No codes will be logged and no ill effects from it being unplugged. Next you need to do like Geonc said and gut it.