Broke CDR Valve Tube

red7.3

Reaction score
Well I went to clean my CDR valve and the plastic hose/tube that goes into the lifter valley broke in half. I tried finding ways to use just a regular heater hose as a replacement but no such luck. Does anyone know if there is a part number for this piece and if I could find a replacement? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

By the way, truck is a 1990 F250 7.3 IDI ZF5. Bone stock.

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One idea is to ditch the CDR and go with a Road Draft Tube (RDT). You would have to find a way to plug the hole going into the valley pan. I found a metal plug about the right size and used RTV after cleaning the area around the plug. The best bet for the RDT is to use the adapter from Banks. I think it was about $40 from there website. You can find the part number on their turbo parts diagram. Then run your hose down where it will be in the air flow. There are other ideas about running it into the exhaust. There is plenty to read about on the RDT.

Archie

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing you broke is actually a rubber hose on my truck, granted it's rock-hard but it's still a rubber hose. Another design that I have seen on the 6.9 trucks is an actual metal tube, with a plastic cone seal at the top where it meets the CDR tuna can, so maybe scout your local junkyards for one of those?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep it's rubber alright... years ago when I broke mine I was quite surprised when a rubber one came in the package - the oil, heat and time make it hard as metal.

Cleaning a CDR is almost fruitless - there is nothing inside of them that really needs cleaning in my opinion - I think some where on this site is pictures I took of one I carefully took apart - there is a super thin rubber membrane in it that will get torn very easily so it's pretty much a replacement item - not a cleanable item.

I would probably contact your local Ford Dealer and see if they can come up with the part number or your local International dealer (the engine was made by Navistar... aka International) so they might have access to one.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Mine too had turned to plastic. Check the parts bin- I added both part numbers for the tube and the grommet. they are like 10 bucks each from Ford

dieseldirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of this stuff is getting hard to find. The Ford version will mostly likely just be re-boxed IH (International/Navistar) parts with the price jacked up.

valley pan grommet
Ford E3TZ-6A892-A

CDR Valve "Adapter Assembly for Crankcase Ventilation"
Ford E3TZ-6A665-A
IH 1805319C1

Tube Assembly
Ford E3TZ-6A664.....
I have verified that "E3TZ-6A664-B" is correct part number for tube for '94 factory turbo. Not sure about correct suffix for your non-turbo. The -A or -B etc suffix on the end of Ford P/N's can be very important though.

I know the tube assembly for factory turbo is discontinued from ford. I would love to find IH part number for this tube if they even have it. Non-turbo tube assembly should still be available..?

I have been strongly thinking of going to RDT anyway.....