Brand new to the whole experience

1MrChristopher

New kid
Reaction score
Just bought my first truck ever about a month ago. A 1986 F-250 XLT Lariat Supercab with the 6.9l in. Few minor issues (leaking oil and power steering fluid) and it's got a rough body, but I am hooked on the sound of that diesel engine. Has 173,000 on it and I had to give $1,200 for it. More than I wanted to spend, but it was worth it. Any words of advice for the newbie?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Just bought my first truck ever about a month ago. A 1986 F-250 XLT Lariat Supercab with the 6.9l in. Few minor issues (leaking oil and power steering fluid) and it's got a rough body, but I am hooked on the sound of that diesel engine. Has 173,000 on it and I had to give $1,200 for it. More than I wanted to spend, but it was worth it. Any words of advice for the newbie?

Welcome, congrats on the new truck and Read the Sticky (it will save You time and money).

Diesel Fly

Body By Rustoleum
Reaction score
WELCOME!

Like EZ said, read the tech articles. There's lots to learn if you are new to diesels or the IH diesels. You've definitely found the right place to ask questions and not be hassled about being a newbie (don't ask me how I know:rotflmao )

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Welcome to the hands down one of the best sites if not THE best for information on the IDI's - I'm not just saying that because I'm a moderator I'm saying that because it's true. You will find that for the next week the IDI section will be a little quiet because there is a rally going on here in Southern Indiana and a lot of the folks in this section are attending so don't get worried that you don't see much traffic this week - they will be back in full force come next weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online