New to this Forum

jderko

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this forum and the owner of a 1990 7.3 F-250 Ext Cab 4x4. Anytime I'm on this forum, I walk away learning something new about my truck. Just wanted to say thank you to all your advice on troubleshooting and feeling like I can ask the dumb newbie questions. If anyone has some basic pointers for keeping this rig on the road, I would be greatly appreciative! So, here is my first newbie dummy question...Some things that I recently experienced is the Low Oil Pressure gauge show "L" most of the time and the dash light flickers on and off. I check oil often and it does have an oil leak, but it doesn't look that bad. Is that fairly normal? Do these diesels tend to have oil leak issues that aren't something to worry about as long as you keep an eye on the oil level? Lastly, I just saw the rear brake drum leaking brake fluid, looked like i ran over a puddle of water on a dry day kinda thing. Now my anti-lock dash light is on. Brake fluid issue? I was thinking for safe measure to get inside the drum and clean it out and tighten the brake line connector. Just seems strange it just blew up like that... anyway. thanks for reading this and helping me out.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the oil situation: most on here will recommend an aftermarket "real " oil pressure gauge. The stock setup isn't known for accuracy.