Brakes

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Probably a bad sensor somewhere in the rear brake components, or it shares the same symptom as alot of new vehicles, you hit a bump in the road and the ABS light comes on. Only problem is I don't know what causes the light to come on with the newer vehicles :dunno

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are the sensors at on this system? I don't know of any WS sensors. I thought there might be a vaccum sensor somwhere, but I couldn't find one.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think their is a RABS sensor on the rear but don't know for sure. As for the red brake light that comes on when the parking brake is on and will also come on with a vacum problem or a hydraulic leak problem.

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that does help. I noticed the pedal fading off, but never really paid any attention to it. I blocked off the master cylinder like it said and had a solid pedal. I hooked up the rear lines only and it bled off again. The brakes still work good so I don't think I'm gonna worry with that right now, I wonder if one of those solenoids will cause the light to come on?

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your referring to the solenoids and meaning the RABS valve the answer is yes.

The RABS valve has an electrical connection to it and is located on the frame rail towards the front of the truck on the drivers side.

It will look like the one in the pic.

You must be registered for see images

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i found out why the light was on... The PO pulled the fuse.... I'm sure it was either because he needed the fuse somewhere else, or more likely because he didn't want the RABS to kick in. Either way, I can't stand to have any lights on, unless I pull the switch. I put the fuse back in and bypassed the valve. Now the light is off and the pedal dosen't bleed off and I didn't spend $200 for a new valve.

bockhold

Diesel Addict
Reaction score
sorry for being a dead thread. i have this issue among other issues.

the missing fuse would turn on the abs light? where is it?

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was one of the fuses in the fuse block in the cab, I don;t remember exactly which one but I think It was labled abs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7