Brake troubles

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the other day my exhaust broke loose, it tore through 4 of the rubber hangers, and proceeded to rub a hole in my rear brake line. I was able to get her stopped and limped it home with vice grips on the line. I installed a new line and bled the brakes, and bled and bled and bled. I have spent hours bleeding this thing. tried gravity bleeding, good old fashion pushing on the pedal, and even used the mityvac. I never let the master cylinder run dry during all of this. I have run over two full quarts of brake fluid through there, can there still be air in the system?

The pedal acts like it. you go to hit the brakes and 90% of the time it goes to the floor with little resistance and little affect on your speed. it is slow to come back up when you take your foot off the pedal. If you pump the brakes it helps. Every once in awhile you hit the brakes and the pedal is stiff and works great, but then will sink to the floor as you sit there with your foot on the pedal.

So air in the system still or bad master cylinder or...?

oh also I have hydroboost brakes not vacuum. the power steering pump is full, but it sure whines a lot. I figured if that was going out the brakes would be harder to push not easier, but maybe I am wrong.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did bleed the valve but I guess I could give it another go. Can it trap that much air in there?

I had adjusted the rear brakes a couple weeks ago but I will double check them. Just to be sure, how tight do you normally adjust the rear brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726