brake problem

Exekiel69

Reaction score
2000 express 2500 hydroboosted brakes, every time the brake pedal is pressed the thing will grab too hard and at low speed You feel the brakes shake the whole van from pulling too hard. Any ideas? The master cylinder was replaced about 1 year ago, besides that everything is the same.

Thank You.

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
to be honest, I think you have multiple brake problems.
if the brakes are shaking the van, you've warped the iron for some reason; sticky caliper, restricted hose, faulty master cylinder, etc..

I think something is up with the rear brakes, and they're not doing their fair share of the work; self adjusters not working, broken hardware (if it's rear disc, look again at the calipers and hoses)...

plus, lately I've seen an unGodly amount of rotors rusting, flaking, and shaling apart (pull them off the hub and look at the INSIDE), which could also cause the vibration/pulsation/shaking...

Dude, I hate to say it, but you're looking to spend some money on this beast...

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The rear brakes (drum) are working fine but the disc on the front have 111k on them now so might need to be replaced. The brakes are not stuck they just grab hard too soon but they let go as soon as You get the foot off the pedal and if You press it again it will grab just as fast as before but at low speed You can feel it a lot more.

Thank You.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726