Brake light

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by BrianX128, Apr 13, 2018.

1. MtnHaul

MtnHaul Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not sure if this info is still accurate but in an older post one of the members here said the casting marks on the Motorcraft vac pumps were the same as the Dorman pumps, but the Dorman model is quite a bit cheaper. I think I got mine for $75ish

Jason1377 likes this.
  2. BrianX128

BrianX128 Supporting Member Supporting Member

So I got my new vacuum pump and I ordered a new pulley as well because mine was bent before I had a chance to ruin it. It also had a bolt sticking in the middle which I don't think is supposed to be there but it does thread in. I read online that you can use this bolt method to press the pulleys on, so is there any harm in me using this bolt to press my new pulley to my new pump since its not the closest to me to drive and go rent the correct tool from the parts store? and once I get it pressed on, I should take this bolt out correct?

3. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Member Supporting Member

You use the bolt to press it on, mine is still in from when I replaced my pump in a parking lot years ago, so I like to leave it in just in case of needing to repair it on the road

4. BrianX128

BrianX128 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Don't worry amazon sent me the wrong ****ing pump. The shaft is too small and the pulley just falls on it. Had to order one at the parts store. Unbelievable.

5. nelstomlinson

nelstomlinson Registered User

From Amazon? More like totally expected than unbelievable. As parts stores go, they are a book store. I don't trust Amazon at all on parts. I generally don't even try them for parts.

MtnHaul likes this.