Brake light switch

ethanbooth11

Reaction score
I got all of the Mechanical stuff worked out on this truck figured out now to all the Nasty wiring. Does anyone know where this wire runs too? It's the red and green wire for the brake light switch on a 1986 f250.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I can't really see what I am looking at, but from what you described, is it the actuator wire for a trailer brake controller?

Rock

ethanbooth11

Reaction score
It's the actuator switch. I found where to reconnect the green and red wire hooked it up nothing. I checked both wires for power and test light didn't pick anything up. I double checked my test light and it works. I was told that one wire is constant power and the other was for when the brake pedal was pressed.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like that one should be constant power from the fuse box according to the diagram Scotty4 posted.

The other one should be light green no strip going to the hazard switch.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
browsing and came across this post.. i sometime back changed the brake pedal switch because my rear brakes was staying on so i thought.. new switch on brake pedal rod and after some many times of hitting the brake pedal it rotates up and grounds out which causes my brake lights to stay on.. i for the life of me cannot figure out if something is missing or is there something missing that prevents that, i simply take my finger and push the switch down toward the pedal and they got out.
And anyone that butchers wiring needs beat all i gotta say...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger