Brake light switch bushing

rotarydragon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a bid to be helpful my daughter and wife cleaned my truck. The problem is I'm about 99% sure they tossed the bushing and pin to the brake light switch.

Finally back on my feet to work on it and hey where's the fasteners!

Not a part that I've found of course. Thoughts?

Once I get this done back to vacuum brakes which really suck. Pun intended

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm... that part isn't ringing a bell in my head, and I haven't monkeyed with a brake pedal on our trucks. Is it the thing the brake switch bolts to? Can you put up a photo of where it goes?

If the one from my 92 parts rig will work, I'll gladly send it your way.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Probably junk yard gonna be best source for the clip. You can get new bushings at autozone.

rotarydragon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://goo.gl/images/NyuNBL

There a good shot of it all together.

https://goo.gl/images/8iZY91

And in bits. My main concern is if the brake lights depend on any particular tolerance of those bushings. Doubt this is so but with my luck it would have to be dead on.

I can see why they could've gotten trashed they really don't look like much of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotarydragon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I found the bushing! Didn't find the spacers for the ends as yet but I'll see if I can't get the darn thing to work or rig up something.

All this because several weeks ago I wanted to switch to hydroboost brakes and got the wrong unit. Sure miss the days when I could work on a truck all night long then start again the next day!

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowe's or Home Depot ought to have nylon washers and bushings. Maybe tractor supply

rotarydragon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And finally, after entirely too long, my truck is up and running again. Mostly. Brakes are weak and the brake light is on so I have to track that down. They were weak before hence the desire to change to hydroboost. Stops the truck OK unless you get into an emergency situation in which case you may be in a bit of trouble. Granted that stopping a truck that big isn't going to happen on a dime anyways but I digress...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online