Brake hard for lights to come on

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
True. But I have the same issue when mine get way out of adjustment.
The whole sinking pedal thing. Sometimes it's not noticeable, but I'll notice the light on my brake controller go out.
That's just what mine does though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be on your pedal pushrod it's not the type where you can just thread it out farther to make better contact. On mine I bent the tabs so it would make contact sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Cept the rear brakes..... lol for something that's free, might as well try it. Nothing to lose.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your not supposed to require actual braking before the brake lights come on.they should light up long before you feel brakes working.switches are not very expensive.you don't wanna risk having someone or yourself getting seriously injured over a couple dollar brake switch.it's just not worth it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've noticed they come on, but say you only push the pedal down an inch, they'll come on but go right back off.
Normal?

Black dawg

Reaction score
The switch is good. I've tested it. Just gotta figure a way too adjust it

The switch works on pressure between the pedal and the pushrod. Are you testing it with the engine off? Sometimes the switch will show that it is good when there is no assist, because there is much more pressure on it when you push the pedal, but with assist the switch wont close till you push pretty hard. make sure that the switch can move free in its position, sometimes that plastic washer will make it fit too tight and act just like you describe.

This is why the comment about rear brakes can be true.

dawgsfan08

Reaction score
I tested it after I pulled it out. I did a continuity test and once pressed, it completed a circuit that was open before pressed. So I'd imagine it is good

Black dawg

Reaction score
How hard did you have to push it though? Need to test with a test light installed in truck. Testing with a meter isnt good enough....need some load.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online