boost questions

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I just put an edge evolution 2 on my 03 and I'm a little puzzled by the boost numbers. I hit a max of only 19 lbs plenty of fuel set on extreme is this normal:dunno I know these trucks have wastegates does it need to be adjusted like on the IDI turbos? I didn't hear any weird sounds like boost leaks and it didn't struggle to get there it hit 19 pretty quick then that was it.:dunno

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
ya need to pull the red tube off of the wastegate, thereby defeating it, I usually just put it on a bolt, or loop it back to where it comees from and there is a stud there

stock boost is 15, unplugged is 21.
with a tuner or chip ya should see 25+
I think I had a max of 38 before.

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
what kind of increase would that give a normal stock rig? what about possible problems or failures?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Aric, how do you like that programmer? can you adjust tranny shift points effectively? how hard was it to install? does it work as advertised?

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I like it real well so far Rob I have a first gen edge evolution for my 96 I ran on the 03 for a bit and I like this second gen a lot better. With the first gen on the 03 the throttle was real touchy and the second gen feels a little more like stock so you can actually ease on the throttle a bit but then a little bit more and your going. It was a piece of cake to install it took me about an hour and half from start to finish. The only thing really involved in it is drilling and tapping for the pyro probe then run the cable up in the cab everything from there on is plug and play. I have not messed with the tranny shift points yet but it actually has more options then advertised. You can create a custom tune when you are power programming and you can adjust rev limiter, motor timing, WOT shift points, normal cruise shift points, shift firmness, and WOT fueling. I think for the money its a heck of a deal with all that you can do with it