Boost gauge.install

Bigstacks

Reaction score
Hi there all.I am new to this site and have a question aboutinstalling a boost gauge on my truck.I`ll give you a quick run down on my truck.1983 chevy 1 ton dually crew cab 4x4 with a 1990 Dodge cummins 5.9,chevy th400 tranny and a under/overdrive gear vendor.I have bullydog fuel pin,pump turned way up,egt,trans temp gauges.and air intake.My question is I want to install a boost gauge,but am not sure where to get the reading from.(where to attach hose from gauge)Oh I should also mention it`s non intercooled with the aftercooler motor.thanks

Mattster

Reaction score
There is a port from the factory on the intake below the grid heater ground wire it has bolt plugging it. Supposedly you can just use that for the boost gauge. I still need to order my gauges.

Bigstacks

Reaction score
boost gauge

I do`nt think mine has the same type elbow that you are talking about,becuase I don`t see any plugs.Like I said mine has the aftercooler on it.Maybe that makes a diff.??

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Look directly below the elbow going into the intake at the grid heaters, behind the braket for the throtle assembly, through the nice lil round hole in the braket assembly on the side of the intake, there is a lil bolt head. Thats the bolt u remove to get your boost guage port. All year 1st gen dodges.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828