boost and head studs?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
yall can belive what you want, but an idi at 20.25:1 runnin 28 psi of boost is about the same effiective compression ration of a psd runnin 45 psi of boost yall dont have to belive nothin its every one choice, but nothing is imposiible.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave made a couple of posts over here, and it was nice to hear from him. I think the issue becomes a lack of steady supporting information, and a more or less single source of unverified info. For instance, Barney has youtube videos, lots of photos and lots of eye witnesses at the rallies who can confirm all his claims. Dave has....what? :dunno

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
all the long nights hees spent working on his motor and poting about it on fte if you want to see daves engine go over to fte and check it out, i think barneys problem why he cant make no boost is not enough fuel and heat loss from all those pipes and they aint got no rap on them, and dave is even thinking about putting a second turbo on his engine and cranking his pump up even higher to see how much more he can get out of it, you dont got to belive nothing any one says but thats your choice

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running empty at 16 pounds of boost im pushing about 700 degrees now pulling its a different story

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to change the subject here but If you say 12-14 psi is about max a stock IDI can run before running into head problems then I'm going to hook my wastegate back up. I've been hitting about 16-17 psi unloaded lately playing around.:dunno Now is there a difference of psi I can run on a stock motor compared to the egt's??? My egt's are low because I'm unloaded but if I was towing would I be more of a risk at blowing a head gasket with higher egt's??? Just curious

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how the OP [crash86] is getting 17 lbs. boost out of a non wastegated Banks ???
I've got the same turbo and the best I've seen is 10-12. Is the propane making the difference ?

Dennis

bigbrown250

Reaction score
Hotter air means more velocity. The hotter the air you can push into a turbo the better.
Thats why at higher egts u see more boost. If that much boost will build that much heat then those number could be possible. If you can build that much more heat the more boost capable.
With aftermartket pistons made of billet instead of cast molds. The pistons would take it.
Anythings possible.
Who would have thought a person could take a 5hp flathead briggs motor and make 30hp

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My belief is that the propane is helping him hit that boost level. Is your IP maxed out? That might be another answer.

bigbrown250

Reaction score
I unhooked my wastegate before i came home. The most boost i could pull was 11lbs. Have stock downpipe and air box. Not sure where the fuel is though. Was already adjusted some when i got it.

sootman73

Reaction score
yea but hes running 16lbs with 700 degrees egt's where is the heat? mine cruises around 850 steady at 70 mph and only 6-7 pounds. i've seen 13 with pump maxed and wastegate disconnected. i think he has a hybrid turbo of some sort. maybe different ratio wheels?

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have my ip turned up all the way and the propane is what gave me cool egts and 5 to 6 more pounds of boost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger