Body mounts

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I was looking to get some new body mounts and a body lift kit for the truck. I've got to do something to it before the rally. LOL Anyway, I was looking at Summit Racing, and the body mounts they listed were for a regular cab and an extended cab, but nothing for a crew cab. Are they the same? What part numbers did you guys use?
Thanks,
John

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are the same. Look them up on energy suspensions website then search summit for the part number.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
John, the lift is always a good idea but replacing the mount is something I would not do unless they really need it and You provably know this already but the new polyurethane mounts are NOT as soft on the cab and ride as the factory ones I found that out the hard way maybe this will save You some money.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, I went with Poly mounts and Energy suspension lift on the Moose Truck. The Poly mounts are real stiff. If I had to do it over again, I think I would get Ford ones. Anything bigger than a standard cab will probabably suffer pretty bad from uneven roads. My cab creaks in places it never did due to the stiffness. The Moosestang however didn't seem to mind them. Probably because the factory suspension is much more flexible than what the Moose Truck has.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
The Poly mounts are real stiff. If I had to do it over again, I think I would get Ford ones. Anything bigger than a standard cab will probabably suffer pretty bad from uneven roads. My cab creaks in places it never did due to the stiffness.

+2 on that. Them crew cabs really creak and pop going over terrain that's not flat.:dunno
The hockey pucks did seem to soften up the cab bushing tho on a side note.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. ;Sweet The cab mounts are not really needed, just thinking of upgrading. Seems like I should leave well enough alone. I'll just install the body lift, if time permits. On second thought, maybe I'll get all new Ford mounts. The truck is 15 years old w/ 278000 on the clock. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.
John

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this today, I NEED new mounts! Is Ford the only place for rubber bushings? Anyone know what the cost and are the ordered as a set or individual?
I also need 2 for another truck w/ a rotted out core support now that I think about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin