Blown PSD Motor!!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So, I'm surfing Ebay and I find this beast of a motor. Item number is 8041153199. Gee, I wonder why we can't do this for an IDI. :thumbsup:

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Pretty Cool, pretty expensive.

I've never heard of filling a block. Guess that would help strengthen it.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filling the block is for drag racing, where the motor only runs for a few minutes at a time. Basically you dump concrete-like stuff in the coolant passages and it hardens up. You can do a "short fill" for street engines so that the cooling still works towards the top of the engine.

There are also "siamese" bore racing blocks, which are cast without colling passages between the cylinders. Again, made to run a few mintes at a time.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
The guy selling it seems kind of like a sarcastic jerk. I am as much powerstroke as I used to be (still am from time to time) IDI and I am just not buying it. If that supercharger where to build any kind of boost it would smoke that weird belt setup. Making twin turbo's work would be muck more effecient.
I wonder if he could come up with some kind of slick setup like that for an IDI?
Ken

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
I thought you need RPMs to make anykind of decent boost from a supercharger? But I imagine with the right pulley itd do alright.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
As far as I'm conserned, if ther were a more efficient way to make power, everyone would be doing it. Including the people who's business it is to sell you a $40K automobile.

If BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, Banks, ATS, ect, ect. figure a turbo is more efficient, why argue?

Sure, a one off is cool. But it won't help me get a 40K load up Thomson Hill.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I looked at the listing. I doubt that thing is made for practical use. I really don't see how you can run a blower and a turbo in series and get it to work in a wide RPM range.

I find it amusing that the guy won't supply a dyno sheet without you dropping 10+ grand on the motor. You'd have to be crazy to buy something like that based on two pictures.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Rhat setup looks like a real Charlie Foxtrot cookoo I wonder if he expects to sell a $10,000 engine without any paperwork upfront LOL :hail :hail :hail :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :eek:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
Rhat setup looks like a real Charlie Foxtrot cookoo I wonder if he expects to sell a $10,000 engine without any paperwork upfront LOL :hail :hail :hail :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :eek:

Read the Q&A at the bottom of the listing. He does. Heck, I could buy 2 good trucks for that much cash.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
YOu mean stuff like this?

Q: the pic says 1997?? lets see the dyno sheets
Feb-25-06
A: buy it and you get all the specs, you should know better than to ask for something for free. silly rabbit trix r-4- kids.

the man wants to see proof that his 10k isn't going to a boat anchor and the seller gives a smart **** remark? :rotflmao

The 3 informative q&a are all dated 2/27, so are after I first visited it on 2/25

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the pic says 1997 because he set the date stamp on his camera to that. The engine is supposed to be a 1997.

Frankly, I don't see how he would be losing anything by supplying the dyno sheet. There's no secret information, just a scale of HP, RPM and Torque. The only thing a dyno sheet would expose is what I expect is pure B.S.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm calling B.S. too! :number2 :bs

The guy is acting like he has something to hide. If anyone buys that motor from this clown, they are going to get :kick: in the stones on that deal. Not surprised there are no bids.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online