Block question

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've recently built a 6.9 and put it into my '93 truck. I used ARP studs on it, and the engine runs beautifully, but there's coolant leaking out around 3 of the studs on the passenger side head. It doesn't appear to be in the oil at all, but I'm wondering if anyone has a 6.9 block laying around that they could look at and see if the bolt holes in this area appear to go down and are continuous with the coolant passages.

I guess I'm eventually going to have to do a coolant pressure test, and watch the ones up under the valve covers to see if they're leaking too, but I'm hoping not, and that I might be able to just pull the offending studs one at a time and seal them, and not have to pull off the heads. Curious that it's only on the one head, and only on the 3 bolts just back of the where the heater hose connects.

...Pic here...

Thanks

Zigg :)

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
I'd bet money that they do go into a coolant passage. AMC V-8s have the same problem. Couldn't you just pull those bolts and seal with red RTV? That's what "The Book" says to do for the AMC. OkieGringo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online