Block, heater hose

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'm not bypassing the heater core house, I just want to put a valve on the hose coming from the block and close it during the summer. The coolant is supposed to go from the heater core back to the water pump but I wonder if it would be the same if I just close the one hose from the block instead of bypassing it.

Thank You.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
I think if you just block it off it will cause a air pocket in the line and maybe the block air=bad.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EZ, why not use one of those nifty Ranger heater core valves. It would do what you want, and not disrupt the flow of coolant. Being vacuum operated, you wouldn't have to open your hood to adjust it.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I wish I could do that, the coolant line from the block goes right to the heated line I use for wvo so I can't do that. I was on the process of eliminating unnecessary hoses and wires from the engine compartment so I'll have to figure a way to bypass that hose. I don't mind doing it manual since I use it all the time on winter but not during the summer.

Thank You.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can shut off the heater hose with no ill effects. The heater hose is not part of the cooling circuit, only a means to draw hot coolant for the heater.

Look at the drivers' side head, it is the same head but no coolant hoses coming out of it.

There "are" some engines that coolant must flow through the heater hose for cooling, the 2.3L Lima I4 is one of those. That is why the Ranger heater shutoff has a bypass. (My Mustang II is the same).

You will want to shut off the hose coming out of the head, that is the higher pressure side.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You will want to shut off the hose coming out of the head, that is the higher pressure side.

I didn't get this part, what hose are You talking about? Should I also put a valve on the wp hose as well to prevent it from sucking the hose IN.

Thank You.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online