BIGGEST TIRES for stock wheels?

pipedream73

Reaction score
hey all I'm trying to find out what size rim i have and what the biggest tire i can go with i think the wheels are 16x7? or are the 16x8? this truck has a 4 inch lift and the tires look a little lost in there so any help would be great thanks
also if i do go bigger does it do any damage to the rear thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 69

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Whatever stock is so 16-8 I would say I mean if I were you I would get 10 wides so the tires wear better but I know it can be ran like this because those tires were on the rims that are on my red truck behind it for awhile before my boss bought the truck that I got the runs and tires off of

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock steel wheels were 16x6. I wanted taller and wider tires but Americas tire would not mount anything wider than a 235 on my wheels. I found some 16x7 rims on a 200something e350 and they would put a 285 on those. My stock hub caps and rings fit perfect too.

pipedream73

Reaction score
ok so how can i find out wich wheel size i actually have it sounds like there is a couple of different stock wheels lol

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the rim is usually stamped on the inside of the rim, gotta pull the tire off, or go to your local tire store and ask them to gauge it

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
You sure those are stock wheels? Look like American Racing Outlaw II. Check and see what width they are then look at tires on TireRack.com. It will list the min/max and recommended wheel width. Try to stay as close to the ideal width as you can. Cramming too wide of a tire on a narrow wheel will at best give accelerated and uneven wear, and possibly funky handling or worse.

On my stock wheels (steelies) I had 265/75R16. They wore a bit more in the center than outside. I got wider wheels... Outlaw II 16x8 along with 295/75R16 tires. This seems like a fairly good match and about right for a stock height truck.

Only pic I can find of my wheels and tires, but your wheels look the same...

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger