bigger fuel tank

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool swap, I love using stock/junk yard available parts but that sits a bit low for my 2wd. I'll keep it in mind if I ever find a clean 4x4 worth buying. thanks

Fordrunner

Reaction score
good morning, thanks to everybody that helped with my decision on this tank. i wound up going with the spectra f26d tank, and what a differance. everything went smoothly with it until i got every mounted and tried to hook the fuel lines back up it was tight trying to get my hand in there to put the lines back in. but after about and hour of that luck was on my side and finally all the lines snapped back into place. well and of course after getting the tank filled with fuel it took me a bit to get the truck started but she started right up after about 20 mins of trying. but everything works and now i dont have to fill up every other day. so thanks again everyone. i will post again very soon to let you guys know bout how may miles im getting out of this tank before i have to fill up.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Water (or diesel?) under the bridge for you, but for anyone reading this in future - the trick to connecting the fuel lines is to raise the tank partway with ratchet straps, then connect the lines, then mount the tank in its full up position.

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can prime most of the fuel lines to reduce the cranking. You can open up a connection as close to the motor as possible and suck fuel up to the engine. I use a brake line bleeder vacuum pump but I've use an electric fuel pump or the good old fashion mouth. Or you can blow air into the filler to build up a couple psi to push fuel through the lines. seal it up with your hands or a shop rag and be careful not to over pressurize.

I'm running a duralift now so power up the pump and crack a line right before the ip. It always fires up after just a few seconds of cranking. It stumbles for a minute until all the air cleared out but it saves a ton of wear on the starter.

Fordrunner

Reaction score
Alright gentlemen I had just put coil springs on my 85 f350 that gave me an 1 1/2" of body height and now my mechanic is saying he needs the drop brackets for the Ibeams on the inside cuz my tires are angled outward at the top. Does anyone know where I can find them where there not part of a lift kit and there sold by themselves. Let me know what everybody thinks and thanks in advance.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Alright gentlemen I had just put coil springs on my 85 f350 that gave me an 1 1/2" of body height and now my mechanic is saying he needs the drop brackets for the Ibeams on the inside cuz my tires are angled outward at the top. Does anyone know where I can find them where there not part of a lift kit and there sold by themselves. Let me know what everybody thinks and thanks in advance.

I think you should start a new thread for this. '85-F-350 coil spring TTB is not making sense. What did you swap in your truck? Or did you just put new/lift springs under it? Regardless if you have a TTB and need drop brackets to align it I suggest a D60. I have a BJ D60 rebuilt and just about ready to bolt in if you need one. If not, source another, preferably king pin, swap it in, and call it a day.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Will these fit the narrower cab & chassis?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I doubt it. They're a really tight squeeze in the pickup frames. I don't see how you would be able to get them into a narrower frame.

Aren't the F-super duty trucks factory equipped with some monster of a tank anyway?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Maybe, but that's still different from the 350 C&C.
Unless you're saying it may fit the C&C.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Friend has a propane tank the longer one.
mounted as his second tank on his dodge cummins electric pump on a toggle in cab seems to be working good for him.
Best part is the tanks are cheap sometimes even free.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
True, but in pretty much all areas, that's not dot approved. While some can get away with it, others can not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08