Big Thanks to Muddy and Harold

Blue2002

Reaction score
:mad: My stock finally clutch started slipping nine months after adding RV 275 injectors to the Edge EZ box.
LOL Thanks to Muddy for running down the parts, SouthBend OFE Clutch and F1 Mach 1.6s. Thanks to Harold and Muddy for putting the clutch and injectors in on short notice.
:draw Inital reaction is the Mach 1.6s spools faster and giddyups faster. Smoke is less than the RV 275s. Clutch feels very close to stock, but engagement point is a little bit closer to the floor.
:Sly Still taking it somewhat easy and breaking in the clutch. Can't wait to give a thorough test. Will try to report back on changes in mileage in a week or so
Thanks to Muddy and Harold :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Whit

Reaction score
Blue, I have the same clutch as you and I found that if you slip it some on takeof it will break in faster, dont get carried away with it but just use the clutch like yer wife would :D

Way to go Muddy and Harold for helpin out a fellow ****** Rammer type dude :thumbsup:

Blue2002

Reaction score
Keep my wife away from the truck

Whitmore said:
....but just use the clutch like yer wife would...
PLease Kevin NOoooooooooooooo, Not again. She slipped it first.
Last Summer, we decided to go fishing. We launched at Farewell Bend Park in Oregon. I decided to play it safe since her trailering skills were not that good. "Okay, dear you back the boat off the trailer and get the boat turned around. I'll park the truck." Well, as I'm pulling the trailer to the parking lot, I'm watching her back the boat up in my rear view mirror, bouncing like a ping pong ball between the two docks. ;Really It would have been friggin hilarious if it wasn't my boat. Well anyways, I parked the Dodge and went to inspect the damage. Not too bad she only pretzeled the prop.
NEXT week, I get smarter and decide I'll back the boat off the trailer and have her park the trailer. As I get the boat turned around, I hear her slippiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing the clutch all the way up the ramp!! A few weeks later, I felt the clutch slip for the first time as I'm pulling the boat elsewhere. managed to baby it for almost a year before it started slipping again. (Been married 30 years and I'm still in training.) LOL. I appreciate the advice and know you meant well Kevin.

Last edited:

MUDDY

Reaction score
well george,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

good thng bout your wife being the guilty one,,,,,,,,,,ya can blame it on her the reason u gotta get a sbc con-ofe. :D
shldve figgered a way to blame her that the 275s were not good enuff LOL

glad ya like it an lookin fwd to your report aftr the breakin. good choice of clutch too. smoooooooth but yep,,,,,,,ya let pedal slightly off floor rig moves

as to the inj's,,,,,,,,,,,,,best choice to tow :) tickled ya like em so far and waitin to hear future report

good install and all went well. got the new tcase oil and nv5600 oil in too

here a few pics of clutch install and mach 1.6 install

Attachments

• hrldsgeosonhoistcltchchngmed.jpg
    hrldsgeosonhoistcltchchngmed.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 6
  • hrldgeosclutch605med.jpg
    hrldgeosclutch605med.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 6
  • hrldgeosinjsmed605.jpg
    hrldgeosinjsmed605.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 10

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
I have an OFE in my truck as well, love it, the only problem I have is it will chatter a bit when backing the house into a spot. I really need a 2wd low kit, the Rickson's and 3.54's make for a high gear ratio and I think that is part of the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin