BIG DYNO DAYS #'s

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I think the answer is simple then, quit trolling and drop in a 12v Cummins. Just remember, anyone can bolt on parts to make power (think chevy 350), it takes a real man to build an engine, test, trail and error and end up with something out of the ordinary.

So, get ur 12v, fuel plate, injectors, what-have-u and stop this non-sense. Every forum im on u ask the same question 5 times.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Precious egos? All I said was, let's see what the thing yields in the end and judge at that point, and I got an excruciatingly dull and meat-headed lecture about dynamometers, though I should be flattered you took some of your expensive time to deliver it unsolicited. I only posted because I thought it relevant to people who were judging it to have the facts around his build, which I happened to hear when I met him Sat. Up to this point I've gone out of my way to show others respect on this forum and back out of things when they take a downward turn. I certainly do apologize if anyone was offended. But before I back out of this one, I'll say this: things seem to take a downward turn in these threads at the heels of yet another self-important post from you.

Thank you for precisely proving my point. ;Sweet

I think the answer is simple then, quit trolling and drop in a 12v Cummins. Just remember, anyone can bolt on parts to make power (think chevy 350), it takes a real man to build an engine, test, trail and error and end up with something out of the ordinary.

So, get ur 12v, fuel plate, injectors, what-have-u and stop this non-sense. Every forum im on u ask the same question 5 times.

Hmm.. I think we'll all keep in mind that is a requirement for the man card in your opinion. I'm guessing Darrin's wife and family, among others that apparently don't have a valid man card would disagree this to be a requirement.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
What is the poitn of trying on and engine that doesnt make the power for $$ that other motors do? Geez o pete. You guys get pissy when people say I wanna build x amount of power, and spend x amount of money....what is the best. Who would wanna spend $2500+ on new "performance" parts and make a hair over a fresh mostly stock turbo setup... Not me. :dunno:cookoo

proves my point. u seem to have given up. if the idi doesnt give u what u want then move on. just dont compare this to that. if ur not happy with what ya have change it, but make a choice and quit bashing others for trying to do something different. if may be worth it to others who want to try, if they dont get what they want then they know to try something different. Im content with my N/A truck, and thought about droppin in the big C but came to realize its not needed. maybe u, darrin, joe blow, john every guy needs more than what u can easily get then go for what works.

BTW, what do u teach?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hmm.. I think we'll all keep in mind that is a requirement for the man card in your opinion. I'm guessing Darrin's wife and family, among others that apparently don't have a valid man card would disagree this to be a requirement.

Thanks,..yup I am pretty damn secure with my Man Card,..;Sweet

,....heads off to work on a lil 4cyl diesel in a truck called Droopy,....
LOL

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he thinks we can make more reliablepower because the stock pumps all defuel at 3200 ish.
I've noticed this too, my truck wont go over 3200 when driving according to the tach (not very reliable though). But with clutch in she'll go a little higher (less resistance means it can spin faster with less fuel). I've heard a higher governor can fix that :angel:

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
On mine i can get as high as 3850 before it hits the govener and de-fuels(only reason i know is when in the slop or snow i had it held WOT a few times). wonder if there are differences in pump models and govener springs.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Thanks,..yup I am pretty damn secure with my Man Card,..;Sweet

,....heads off to work on a lil 4cyl diesel in a truck called Droopy,....
LOL

But u tried the idi route, and swapping a gasser for a diesel is a whole different story. I am following ur build on that and its swaying me to do the same to my gasser.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very impressive numbers guys! And I also feel bad for NMB2. Guy has had some crappy luck, but I hope he continues to push onward. With regards to a 150CC pump... the figure and price are about where I expected a Super Moose to come in. Even though we never built one, that's the basic premise and about the right amount of money. The problem is.... they won't last near as long as a more customary build. But then if your looking for that kind of fuel on a regular basis, you don't really care about that anyway.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Russ unearthed Heaths prior power record on this site? Seems it might be time for an update on the old HP threads in the tech section Mr. Moderators. ;Sweet

Hey, dont put me where im gonna get yelled at all the time.:rotflmao

I was very happy with my results

wmoguy

Reaction score
Hey, dont put me where im gonna get yelled at all the time.:rotflmao

I was very happy with my results

As was I, thats awesome. ;Sweet I know you and others have told me about 100x I need your cam and I kinda halfheartedly dismissed it. Thanks for politely hitting me on the head and beatin the ignorance out of me. :rotflmao I need to complete the current "project" before I start another, but your cam with new springs and studs will very high the "to do" list. I like how your cam carried the flatter and faster rising torque curve down low. Out here, and how I drive, pulling in the mountains that added torque down low vs. higher in the powerband will be much appreciated.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand where both sides are coming from. Swaps are cool as sh** too but I really like how people are pushing the idi past its limits also. The way I see it is that, take for instance Racin's build, people are slowly pushing the limits of the engine and its not going to be night and day power wise. There are gonna be some missteps and then there will be some good outcomes. It will just take time to see what works and what doesn't. The fact is that Racin's truck runs really well, as does Russ'. We will also see what NMB2s will do soon. We all know there was a lot of time and effort put into these and it is awesome. In the end we will all learn what we can do to make more power and then push the threshold that much farther. Just my $.02...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PEOPLE,

Please please....stop all this ******** and whining and re-power crap, this thread was quite simply to introduce the #'s generated at the Dyno day for everyone to see.

Lets keep this focused on the engines that where dynoed not on repower not on this is better than that.

Also please keep it civil, I am not fond of yer trolling, yer asking too many questions on too many boards.

Otherwise, I'll request to the Mod's they close this thread

OK:backoff

Thanks to those who have had good positive views here, that's what OB is about...;Sweet

Cranky ****** whiners....and ya'll know whom you are...yer ***** thread is out the door....down two flights of stairs and down the hall on the right! Got IT!:sly Remember **** flows down hill hence yer going down two flights of stairs!