Better oil filter?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Reaction score
Impressive filtration efficiency, but that thing is stupid huge. Cant imagine it would fit. I already checked their site to see if they have a regular Powerstroke equivalent, but sadly didn't see one.

Mike

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Found the Baldwin cross# (diehard Baldwin fan over here), and the length of 12 3/32". Will have to check the fit in my van application.

Of course, you guys tell me this when I still have 2 PSD size on my shelf. :mad: LOL

All news to me. Wow.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I may buy one next time and try it out. But more research on my part needs to be done. I don't believe what I read in one post from another umknown site. Research is power just like knowledge is power.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WIX has a filter search option on their site.... You can look up almost any filter and find a WIX cross. Baldwin has a search that you can look up any filter by size of thread and can size. we have 1 1/2 16 thread on the IDI. there are lots off options of Micron filtration on the WIX filters along with filter media.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PSD sized filter is plenty large for extended drain intervals. I use the AMSOIL EAO99 it is the same as the Donaldson and ELF series filters because that is who makes them for AMSOIL.
Nobody here I bet uses their filters as long as I do, A full 25,000 miles before I yank them. These filters are designed to be used at those intervals and more when monitored with oil analysis.

I also have installed a bypass filter which catches even smaller particles than the ELF filters and extends the life of the oil and filters.
At the end of the day, month, year it was cheaper to own than repeating the oil change with the discount burger chain food

Javier

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Javier, basically you're saying this is a crappy filter then?

Uh No! a bigger filter with nanofibre technology is always a good buy. Longer than the PSD filter? if it fits then go for it!

You are talking about the Donaldson ELF series filter correct? If so it is one of the best you can buy.

Javier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online