Betsy the Worktruck

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was just prepping to grind in here and pulled the bad headlight switch. Its missing the plug (I had never gone near it and assumed the wires were underneath), and the connector is jumpered. This normal?

LOLLOLLOL

That's terrible! I kinda have my doubts the new switch will do you much good the way that plug looks, but maybe you'll get lucky. I've seen some shoddy fixes before, but selling a truck with the high beam switch jumpered with household copper wire is a new low!

Is that plug melted a little bit on top? I did that with the seat safety on my lawnmower and all the sudden it died mowing. Turns out it had melted the plastic connector. I'd say you got lucky you didn't have a problem with it earlier!

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wire wheeled and vacuumed up everything. Had a few more spots under the driver’s foot. From that old photo, looks like he wore cowboy boots and the edge of the heel dug through the vinyl letting it get moist down there.

Everything needing filled is circled in pink, including the seatbelt warning wire holes and the holes for the not stock bucket seats
You must be registered for see images attach
Are you going to fill the 1/2" and smaller holes with weld? Or something else?

If there is a small hole that is ragged, but you need to keep it... Weld a washer down over it.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything is patched. Cleaned it up and put the first coat of POR on it. It’s pretty runny but adheres well and gets tacky quick. I did half way up the cab to the window so will do just the floor with the next can and some of the dash mounts/roof.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did half way up the cab to the window so will do just the floor with the next can and some of the dash mounts/roof

I hope you scuffed up the old paint really good, I've heard it does NOT like smooth surfaces.

What size can were you using? Quarts? I'm going to try Chassis Saver when I do my frame.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I scuffed it up with a wire wheel then sanding disc followed by alcohol/brilo for the remaining adhesive. Stuck well, minus the spots I dripped water off my boot.

I used the Pint. Make sure you mix it really well. Three layers the bottom being thick. Drill mixer works. I have a second pint coming for another coat and to touch up the roof and dash mounts.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a question I posed previously about the cargo and dome light. There is an inline diode (was checking the wiring last night) going to the cargo light. Anyone had the diode under the headliner go bad?

If it is bad, anyone know of what to replace it with?

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it is a diode? Do you have pics?

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not have a picture. However, page 14 of the wiring diagram shows "In-line Diode" and the EVTM shows a diode to the cargo light. Also, I pulled some tape off it and it clearly says "DIODE" on it. It is the size of my thumb coated in rubber.

Added both pictures. I am electrically unliterate.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got cut off there somehow. Print screen and I are not friends

So Looking at it, the cargo and dome light should come on at the same time? The cargo light does not look switched to me. But again; Mechanic.